Monday, March 15, 2010

Green Cleaning~

Kristen over at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia did a post today on one of my favorite books...

It reminded me of this post that I did awhile back.

Since then I have fallen in love with Mrs. Myers Dish Soap and All Purpose Cleaner, but never really switched over any of my other cleaners. Kristin has inspired me today to make a couple of changes! This also came on the heels of this post that I read from a new blog I found 320 Sycamore about making my own granite cleaner (is alcohol a "green" product??)...I made a batch and it works great!

Now that we have a 5 year old little Lady in our house who LOVES to help her Mommy clean, I feel better having cleaners under my counters that I know she can use to help and that are safe.

So...today I will get out my book and take a refresher course on
"Green Cleaning"

3 comments:

  1. Dawn, I LOVE THIS POST! I'm going to grab my alcohol right now....Look out granite here I come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need this book! I have been using a lot of Mrs.Meyers lately..not just the hand soap and dish liquid...I'm loving the baby detergent and the adult laundry detergent! I have it in geranium scent...great post Dawn!!! Don't you love that Target sells Mrs.Meyers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, can't wait to try the granite tip!!!! And, BTW, LOVE the new touches to the blog. you go, girl!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete