Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How to get a Prom date....

1.  Buy a dozen red roses
2.  Dress up your cute little sister
3.  Bribe her with a DQ Blizzard
4.  Set her on the Girl's front porch
5. Have her ask....

"Will you go to the Prom with my Brother???


Powell had a couple different ideas to ask his date to the Prom, but in the end this is the one he knew would be the best!!

Lucy was ALL OVER this idea :)  She loves getting dressed up, and she LOVES the idea of all the picture taking that is going to happen in the next couple weeks :)


We laughed thinking that we let our little 6 year old go out dressed up at 9:30 on a Sunday night, with her 18 year old brother to ask his date to the Prom....oh the memories...I hope Lucy remembers these times.


OH....and she said "yes"!!

6 comments:

  1. Well of course she said yes! How could she resist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I had to comment from my lurkdum here b/c w/ four grown sons and then 4 little daughters I could so relate! I loved this! LOL
    (Lucy - you look so beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! What a great idea! Little girls and their big brothers -- such a special and fun combination!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a lovely family Dawn and you are
    such a great mom and wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH. MY. GOSH. SOOOOOOOOOO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique idea! I'm sure all involved enjoyed it tremendously! Nice to "meet" you Dawn - I moseyed on over to your blog from another - you have an awesome family!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete