Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Popcorn {In My Kitchen}

I really have NO idea how I stumbled on this recipe from Family Bites, but let me just say...
I am SO glad I did!

Pumpkin Pie Popcorn!
I am NOT kidding...you MUST try this
(are the CAPITAL words getting my point across :)


It is a delicious caramel popcorn with a hint pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin Pie Popcorn 
  • 10 cups air popped popcorn, salted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup light corn syurp
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Preheat the oven to 250°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

Coat a large mixing bowl with nonstick cooking spray, and dump the popcorn into the bowl, taking care to pick out and discard any unpopped kernels.In a medium saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, salt, and 2 tablespoons of water.
Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Continue to simmer, whisking often, and bring to a boil.  Allow the mixture to boil for about 2 minutes, whisking occasionally. Immediately remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in the baking soda and pumpkin pie spice.
Quickly pour the hot caramel over the popcorn. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the caramel into the popcorn, taking care to distribute it as evenly as you can. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 1 hour, stirring and turning the popcorn with a spatula every 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, and place on a cooling rack for 20 minutes. Gently break up the popcorn, and serve.
**I made two batches of popcorn in my Whirly pop, and it was the perfect amount**
**I only put in 1t of pumpkin pie spice, so it wouldn't overwhelm my kids :)**

I dare you to not eat the whole batch!!

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, I have to thank you for posting this fabulous recipe - I made it yesterday and it has been quite the hit!! Yummy!!!

    Linda Larson
    P.S. have you heard anything from Children's Place?

    ReplyDelete