Monday, November 14, 2011

Catching Up!

So..I have been a little MIA :)
Mainly due to the fact that since my laptop was stolen..(which basically had become our home computer)... we are using a very s . l . o . w  backup computer that we had, so loading pics takes for.ev.er!!

but, moving on...

I have been hard at work with my photography class homework, and it is starting to "click"
I know it is just going to take LOTS of practice, so most photos I have taken have not been blog worthy :)

Below are some of my most recent homework assignments shot in MANUAL :) using natual window light
I am pretty excited...all of them are "sooc" (that's photographer speak :) for "straight out of the camera" :),
so no editing



 for this one below, Lisa asked us to use a different perspective


and this one is a type of  pic I have always wanted to take :)


and the two below prove to me WHY I must learn to use the Manual setting...the first picture was in Auto w/out flash and the other in manual...I could just immediately see the difference..finally! :)




In other news...Toby headed over to WSU this past weekend for
Dad's Weekend with Powell...they had a great time together, took in a great football game
GO COUGS!
and geared Powell up for the snow!  He will be home this weekend for Thanksgiving break...can't wait!

Lucy received her first "book it" coupon for a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut :)
She was SO excited!

Hard to believe we are a little more than a week away from Thanksgiving...that also means it's that time for early release days from school, conferences, Blake's 17th, Christmas music and peppermint mochas!!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Love these photos and your update! You are so right -- it's going to take lots of practice for me with manual, but am trying! My model, however, gets a little tired of waiting for me to adjust settings! :)

    Have a great week!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back in blogland...I have missed your updates and so excited about your photography class. Exciting to see how learning a few things makes such a difference...one day I will get there! I noticed a "loonie" in the mix of coins Lucy was counting....cute!

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that someone stole your laptop. That is awful. yeah for your photography class. Lisa is a great teacher:)

    hugs,
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your computer. The photos are beautiful. Sounds like you have lots of exciting things coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sort of camera do you have? I want to take that class and plan to in the new year, but I've got to get a new camera. It's amazing the difference in the photos, they are great, but I find myself panicking in manual mode. Interesting, though. Your model is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete