Wednesday, January 16, 2008

YEAH!!!

We got our fingerprint appointment in the mail today!! It is for next Thursday, but I think we might just show up earlier and see what happens :)
Hold on sweet girl, Mommy and Daddy are coming!!
**For our friends and family who have no idea what this means: We have to be fingerprinted through USCIS (United States Customs & Immigration Services) to receive our very important I171 (our documents cannot go to China without this). When we receive our I171, all of our documents that have been notarized here in WA have to go to the Secretary of State for state certification. When that is complete, our completed "dossier" will be sent to our agency who will then send it off to Washington DC for the appropriate certifications, and then our dossier will be translated, and sent to China.
Since we have received a PA (pre-approval), China knows our dossier will be on it's way. When they receive our dossier we will recieve a LID (log in date) and will wait for our LOA (Letter of Approval) followed by our TA (travel approval). So you see, this is a lengthy process, but we are trying to move things along as quickly as we can, so we can get to Lucy.

17 comments:

  1. YAY!!!for you!! I am so thrilled and hoping everything goes very smooth and quick to get you to your baby girl ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOO very happy to hear this good news! Congratulations! One step closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, that's great to hear and a sign of relief for you I'm sure!!
    I love hearing you telling Lucy you're on your way...somehow I think she knows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great for you!

    Take a chance and just show up. I know Seattle isn't Grand Rapids, Mi, but maybe you'll have the same luck my sis had and they'll do them right away.

    Heck, come to my office and I'll do them for you. I think I still remember how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like things are moving along!

    stop by my blog you have a prize!

    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's great!!!! Yes, yes show up earlier ~ it couldn't hurt ~ you're getting there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YIPEEE!!! I guess all of the prayers are working. One more giant step closer to Lucy!!! i am so happy for you:)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!! One step closer to your precious Lucy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take your documents and just walk in. That's what we did and they processed us immediately.

    Hey, check my latest posting, there may be some important information for you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just read a post on RQ's forum for Washington USCIS...according to a post on November 4, '07 "they have stopped walk-in fingerprinting, you must put your request in writing if you want to walk-in" or something like that.

    You might want to save yourself a trip to Yakima.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yeah! You go, you go! Praying for smooth sailing...hang on Lucy, Mom and Dad are beating the doors down to get to you! So exciting:)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful news! We went down our second time and they got us in without an appointment, we waited a bit longer but we didn't care one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea!! That is great news. One step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dawn,

    A fellow SN Mom just told me this:

    "Kelly,

    Here, if you drive out to Yakima you can just walk in and submit all your paperwork. It cuts about 3 weeks off the wait time. So that is what we have done the last couple times. Hope that helps.

    Kathy"

    She's on her 4th adoption, so she must know what she's talking about! Why don't you try it?

    It would be SO great if this worked for you!

    BTW, she got fingerprinted on the same day she turned her stuff in (like 10/24 and got her I171H on 11/15)

    TB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops, I just realized the other information I sent yesterday was dated AFTER 10/24, the date this AP Mom drove her paperwork to Yakima. Not sure my last post is helpful now.

    TB

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is FANTASTIC!!! I am so excited for you! Can't wait until you have that little sweetie home with you.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete