Tuesday, January 1, 2013

a fresh new year~


We had a quiet New Year's Eve
The boys all headed out to be with friends
so Toby, Lucy and I had a little party of our own

We patiently waited for the clock to strike midnight... this seemed like the longest year ever!
I will say it once again, this is our family scrapbook, and I cannot leave out the struggles
because I know deep down it is what builds character and faith.
The past few years have been very difficult fiancially, with major job changes for Toby
but the past six months of 2012 have been some of the hardest financial times we have ever seen.  They tested and stretched every ounce of our being, and I admittedly
lost a little Faith along the way. 



I know our struggles have been small in comparison to some...
a very dear friend who fought breast cancer ALL year and won!
a sweet friend who lost the love of her life
and the families of CT who lost their sweet babies that awful day
~~
So before I welcome in a new year, I must leave some gratitude behind for 2012
~for my amazing "teepee" friends who made my birthday extra special"
~for our "Angels" in Cape Cod who blessed us with their love and generosity
~for my wonderful Family who bent over backwards to help anyway they could and make sure my kids had a wonderful Christmas
~for "anonymous friends" who reminded us of the gift of generosity and "paying it forward"



So welcome 2013!
We are ready for a fresh start!
We feel hopeful with all the milestones our family will experience this year!
Powell will turn 20!
Bennett will turn 16!
Toby will turn....50!!!!!
Blake will graduate from High School!
♥We will celebrate our 20th Anniversary♥
Our family will celebrate 5 years with our Lucy Joy!
We will send 2 kids off to college

and in between all of that, I hope there is more of this
for me that means
yoga, lifting weights , eating well, reading, spending time with family & friends, restoring my Faith
drinking tea, honoring my husband, building up my children
and cherishing the small things

~~
Cheers to a fabulous New Year!!





_

11 comments:

  1. Dawn, wishing you and your family a blessed 2013. I love that you found the good things in 2012, while happy to leave it in your rear view window. Praying for a fresh touch from God for you today. Love those family rules . . .Im looking for something like that. Tata from Huntington Beach..we spending the holidays with the family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn Toby and family. 2012 has been a very difficult year no doubt. As family we all loved and cared about you and wanted it to some how become better. You all did a beautiful job at making the best out of what you had. I know that our trials and struggles make us all stronger, but no one told us how struggling also brings you down and makes you want to quit. You didn't do that you pushed and kept pushing forward. You are an amazing example to your children. Yet through trials and struggles you managed to find good in what was not so good. I love all of you very much and I know that God will bless this new year for all of us and we will see the brighter side of life. Here is to a beautiful daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 terrific grandchildren. Happy new year and I know God's love and blessings will shine upon you in this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year, dawn!
    i hope in 2013, you can relax and enjoy life and do more of what you love.
    may your heart be light ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written Dawn.
    Wishing you all the best in 2013.
    You have so much good coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely heartfelt post. Remember...the best is yet to come. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dawn... :) You make my heart full and melty all at the same time. :) I wish for you the pure joy you radiate each day this new year. You deserve all good all the time. You are a gracious and generous soul and you inspire us all. Love you Dolly! MA :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn,

    Thank your for sharing both your struggles and your gratittude. It does sound like you have been able to reallyl ean on God and grow closer to Him during this tough time though too. I feel that way about 2012 too. It has been hard but yes lots have had it harder.

    I will pray that things get esier for your family this year. I promise to do that all year for y'all.

    hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. dawn..here is to a the new year! praying 2013 is good to you and your sweet family..much love to you my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful post, dear friend... Here's to 2013 and all of the many blessings that are coming your way. It's going to be a great year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn, love the honesty and sincerity of heart here in this post. I'm sorry the last few years have been such a challenge, and yes, although those are the times we grow the most, it's not always easy to appreciate that at the time.
    Here's to a new year, may 2013 be full of blessings both big and small!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete