Monday, January 21, 2013

this is not fun :(

Here we are at day 5 post tonsillectomy, and all we can say is 
"this REALLY stinks!!!"
I really had NO idea how tough this would be for our little lady
I thought it would be all Popsicles and ice cream, but we have to bribe to eat those things 
she is so uncomfortable :(
Lucy has had Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours since last Wednesday, and we have had to continue the "hard" stuff because she is so uncomfortable.
This is a little girl who NEVER complains, whines, or hardly cries if she falls down
and this week she is sad, grumpy, hard to please...all signs she is in pain.

We spoke to the Doctor on Saturday, and he encouraged me that the first 96 hours (!!!!!) are 
REALLY tough, but we will come out on the other side...
SO we CANNOT wait
oh, and 
"we are never ever ever getting our tonsils out again" :)

12 comments:

  1. Aww I hate that she is having a rough time. Hopefully you have seen the worst and are headed on the upward swing. Prayers for little miss Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this makes me so sad :( Hugs and kisses to sweet Lucy! Hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dawn!!!
    i forgot to tell you something that really helped ned -
    we had little spray bottles {like from the travel section at walgreens} that we would fill with water to spray right onto his throat. this was easier than actually taking a drink. shoot, i wish i had told you this sooner, but have someone go grab one of those!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so sorry to hear this. I have heard that tonsils out are a bit of a tough recovery. Hope the worst is over and she will be back to her sweet bubbly fun self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...owie, hoping that Lucy gets past the pain SOON! Hoping that she feels better and get relief soon!!! So hard to have them hurting . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry your baby is in so much pain . I am sending prayers her way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I'm sorry to hear your Lucy is having a rough time of it. Hope she's feeling loads better soon.


    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dawn, I am so sorry to read this. I will praying for Lucy's healing. It is so hard to watch our children in pain. Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have hardly been able to look at blog at all for the longest time :( But today I came to "visit", and I am sad to hear that Lucy is feeling so awful. All of the children I know who've had tonsils out have had a dreadful time recovering, and I have heard it hits a peak about 5 days. Hope she feels back to her happy self soon. Take care Dawn... I read back a little, and see you've had a rough year. Me too... here's to a happy and healthy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Lucy,
    Please feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking about Lucy and was wondering how she was doing. I asked Art (Mr. Spencer)if he'd seen her at school this week and he said no. I hope she is finally on the mend! I had mine out at about that same age and I remember it was AWFUL! I still won't eat jello because it burned my throat to sallow - I hate to see little ones in pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa...thanks for checking on Lucy. I just posted an update, but she will be back to school tomorrow!!!

      Delete